Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Where can I get in with a 3.4 weighted GPA?

pc083pc083 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
edited October 2008 in What Are My Chances?
Can I get into UVA, W&M, Virginia Tech, VCU and JMU with a 3.4 GPA?
This low GPA is due to the Cs that I got in a highly accelerated (magnet) middle school where I took high school credits and did not expunge them. However, once I got to high school, I have been consistently getting As with a few Bs in between (my GPA as I entered high school form 8th grade was a 2.5, horrendous I know). I have played varsity tennis for my school since freshman year and my ranking has consistently been in the top 4 on the team (and hoping to be the captain in spring this year). I have taken all the AP classes offered, including Calculus BC and Statistics. Also I have over 500 volunteer hours from hospitals and libraries. I also have excellent teacher recommendations. I am a year younger than the rest of my graduating class (I will be graduating when I am 16). My SAT scores are 2150 and 1450 out of 1600. I am attending a a special academy for students interested in being in the health field. I was wondering how good of a chance I stand in getting admitted into the biology or biomedical engineering (premed) programs at uva, tech, w&m, jmu, and vcu
Post edited by pc083 on

Replies to: Where can I get in with a 3.4 weighted GPA?