Opinons, Opinions, Opinions. I want your Opinion!!!
Hey CC! I just wanted some opinions/feedback on what you think my chances are for each college. I'm a senior btw. Well here we go:
Colleges Applied to:
Cornell (A&S, Engineering)
U Penn (A&S)
Career Interests: Aerospace Major w/ Film Minor. Maybe double major...
School Info: Our school is really competitive. 10-20% get in Ivy Leagues or near Ivy Leagures school each year
GPA: 3.83 Unweighted.
Rank: We don't rank, but I'm in the top 10%
2200 SAT (780W, 670CR, 750M); yeah....
800 SAT II Math
790 SAT II Chemistry
760 SAT II Chinese
750 SAT II US History
AP Chemistry 5
AP US History 4
AP English 3 ; yeah..... bad testing day. I knew I should've gotten a 4.....
4 years Marching Band (we spend like 20+ hours per week)
4 years Jazz Band (this takes a lot of time too like 6 hours)
4 years Percussion Ensemble
2 years Spring Musical Pit
3 years NJ Science League
2 year Community Future Problem Solving
3 years Chess Club (for fun and recreation. Probably won't count much)
1 year Economics Club (Not really much. We do Virtual Stock Exchange and participate in some competitions. Just started though)
-I work as an English and Basketball teacher at my Chinese School. I also work as an event organizer for big events (~160 hours)
-Spanish Honor Society
- Numerous Marching Band Awards (we win in States, All States and Nationals). [Both as a band and individual]
- 2nd in International Community Future Problem Solving
- Percussion Ensemble. 1st in a Percussion Festival
- Jazz Band. Won some awards at the Princeton Jazz Festival
- National Society of High School Students
- Published math paper in Mathematics Journal
* I'm speculating, but I'm pretty sure I got to 2nd round of the US Physics Exam
- Drum Major for Marching Band
- Drum Captain in Percussion Ensemble
- Section Leader and Soloist in Jazz Band
- Some out of school. I organize New Years Festival events and stuff at my Chinese School
Took a math course over the summer
Had an internship with a professor at GSU. Wrote a math paper that got published.
Attended the Summer Science Program (if you don't know, pretty self-selective / intense program)
Went to Drum Major Academy
College Essays are really good, imo. People have given very positive feedback.
Teacher Recs should be very good.
Counselor Rec should be quite good.
I don't have that many leadership positions, but most of my clubs involve "group activity", so there's not really a leadership position cause everyone is a leader. =D
Interviews so far are very nice....
Adv. Physics (Equivalent to Physics 101,102 and some 201) - A
AP Government - A
AP Calc AB - B (yeah... borderline of 89.4, but eek..)
AP Literature - C (yes.... I'm am EXTREMELY afraid of this. I know this will hurt. My teacher basically is very hard. This semester, noone got A's. A ton got B's and C's... and... I was unlucky and got a C. Though I'm border line too.... 79.4........ Should I write a letter or let my counselor write one??)
Adv Band - A
International Business - A
Gym - A
Your help would be much appreciated.