UNC Chapel Hill (In State from New England Boarding School)
I'm applying as an in-state student (my parents and I live in Raleigh, so I'm stuck in the Wake pool) but I went to New England prep school as a boarder for four years. My current HS is not typically recognized in the list of top prep schools (Deerfield, Andover, etc.), but I'd say we're about top 20-25 and we regularly own them at sports. On a weekly basis. Yes, I do realize how immature that sounded.
We have absolutely no grade inflation whatsoever at our school and they don't believe in class rankings/GPAs.
(I'm a Junior)
- About 3.3 (/4) GPA
(AP History, Honors English, next year AP Econ, plus AP Lit, and honors History courses... Interestingly enough, we don't have a ton of AP options here) (Also not sure if it's relevant, but I'm on my fourth or fifth Ceramics Independent Study because I placed out of the classes)
- ACT combined 26 (will retake and score at least a bit higher... long story)
[English- 24, (Writing- 10) English Total-25, Math- 25, Reading-28, Science-28]
- Waiting on SAT scores (Took some random mandatory test by my school that predicted my scores would be about 1890 or something in that ballpark... I'm a horrible standardized test taker)
- Waiting on AP tests (Eng and History, but I'm not holding my breath for either)
ECs: (As of now)
- Section Editor of the School Paper
- 3 Years of History Honors
- First Art Department TA ever, which was sort of a big deal at my school, but I suppose it's not important, in Ceramics (Junior year)
- 5 Years Ceramics (completely obsessed)
- Ceramics-related community service (2 years)
- 1 Year *** Committee (Application process to get involved)
- 1 Year History Honors Club (Application process to get involved, for upperclassmen only)
- Yale Model UN Honorary Mention Best Delegate
- 3rd Place *********** Essay contest (between entries from five other New England prep schools)
- 1 Year Tour Guide
- 3 Years Fencing
- I also find out about 3 other possible honors to tack onto the list (Outstanding Junior in the Art department, Outstanding Junior in the History department, plus one leadership position in my dorm)
Last edited by ArtemisDea; 05-16-2009 at 08:58 PM.