no more than 3 people ever post on my chance thread please chance i chance back!!!!!!
what are my chances at cornell university and uc berkeley? i applied under early decision for cornell and i called cornell and they said i should get my letter by saturday because there was an address error and for confidentiality purposes they coundn't tell me if i get in or not. also for berkeley's case is there a big difference between Fall admit chances and spring admit chances?
inteneded major- biology/ Integrative Biology
Letter of recommedation(for cornell i know uc don't accept):
1. Head of the math department (taught me for 2 classes)
2. AP English 3 teacher
3. 3 COUNSELORS!!!!!!
3.7 UC gpa, 4.00 gpa weighted. (I know its the weakest part which is why i applied EA) i have taken 12 honors/ap classes freshman to junior year. This year i am taking AP Biology and AP Calculus AB which are the last two ap/honors classes my school offers.
2. Test Scores:
720 Math 2
720 u.s. history
3. Personal statements:
1. i mentioned my parents car crash when i was a freshman on how both my parents became disabled and how i had to take care of my mom, dad, and 7 year old bro.
2. I also wrote about how the hard enviroment i grew in has shaped me to become a strong, passionate, perservering, and respected leader.
300 hr. at local hospital (i wrote in my statement on how i started going to the hospital to just get volunteer hours but in the end i want to be a doctor when i grow up)
4 year nhs (President 2009)
4 year csf (secratery 2009)
4 year mesa (secratery 2009)
4 year track and field ( Captain, 3 year varsity, and 2 time defending league champ.)
4 year Red cross (secratery 2009)
1. recieved an award for attending the national student leadership conference on medicine and health care in washington DC.
2. Ap scholar
3. 2008 most improved thrower (made a 45 foot improvement in the discus from freshman year to sopomore year
4. 2008-2009 league champ
5. other information
- low income family only makes about 52k a year
- neither of my parents have a degree (shouldn't this factor in a little bit?)
- im from california
- im top 10% in my class of 750