Chances of getting into UT Austin or Cornell?
Junior in TX
I'm not in the top ten, but I'm the top quarter (22% (Based on unweighted GPA at my school)):
I got a 3.85 GPA (out of 4)
SAT: I got a pretty bad grade on my first attempt (1800), but I'm retaking it and hoping to get a 2020+ (I took a practice one few days ago and I got a 2050) I know it's still pretty low.
- Varsity Ice Hockey all 4 years (assistant captain this year, maybe captain next year)
- Summer Ice Hockey League for 2 years
- Prep Hockey League during Freshman year
- Houston Travel League during Sophomore year. (We traveled to Dallas and Austin throughout the year)
- National Honors Society (Volunteering and Leadership)
- Interact Club (Volunteering) (4 years)
- Clements Earth (Promoting Recycling / Recycling in school) (2 years)
- French Club (3 years) I'm Treasurer this year, President next year.
- YES program (Volunteer Program)
- I've completed 100+ community service hours
- This summer, I'll be volunteering every weekday at the Memorial Hermann Hospital for 3 months. (I want to major in some pre-Med course, and I'll get 135 community service hours from that)
At my competitive high school, there are only advanced and honors/AP courses. Advanced are "easier".
I took 1 honors freshmen year, 2 sophomore, 3 junior, and I'll be taking 4.5 senior year.
AP Exams: This year I'll be taking US History AP, and French AP.
Next year, I'll be taking Bio, Gov't, Human Geo and Calc AB.
I'm a minority, I have lived in 6 different countries throughout my life (I'll definitely stress that in my essay and talk about being open-minded and cultural), and I won the State Prize for French Poetry during my sophomore year. (If that counts in any way)
What are my chances?
Thanks for your input.
What else should I do?
(I'm taking SAT II senior year: Bio and Math)