Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Sweet Briar vs. Hollins

briana558briana558 Posts: 16Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Women's Colleges
I am torn between the two schools. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by briana558 on

Replies to: Sweet Briar vs. Hollins

• JanikaJanika Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I personally had a great experience at Sweet Briar. Professors are very approachable and helpful, and all my classes were always very interesting, even if I was initially not excited about a subject. The campus is absolutely gorgeous, too. Have you visited both schools?
  • 50ishwoman50ishwoman Posts: 74Registered User Junior Member
    Have you visited the schools? I think visiting them will help you decide. You'll like either one of them, but if you want to live "in town" you'll want Hollins, and if you prefer to live out in the country, then Sweet Briar is the way to go. You'll get a great education at both of them. Social lives at both, as boys will visit both schools. You can't really tell until you visit the campus. I know girls who went to Sweet Briar but were disappointed being out in the country; they would have been better suited in Roanoke. It's definitely worth a visit if you can manage it.
  • mill15mill15 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    If you have any questions about Sweet Briar, feel free to let me know! I'm currently a sophomore.