Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Admission to the class of 2014 to a Women's College

motshokonnamotshokonna Posts: 18Registered User New Member
edited June 2010 in Women's Colleges
hello! i am an asian student who applied to 3 women's colleges: Wellesley, Mount Holyoke and Barnard. i thought us girls should get a thread to share admission decisions! we can get to know each other and help decide which one to attend eventually. =)

Accepted:
Mount Holyoke (aid award not announced)

Pending:
Wellesley
Barnard
Post edited by motshokonna on

Replies to: Admission to the class of 2014 to a Women's College

• rocket6louiserocket6louise Posts: 3,391Registered User Senior Member
    Accepted:
    Smith

Pending:
    Scripps
  • nightpwnsj00nightpwnsj00 Posts: 482Registered User Member
    Accepted:
    Mount Holyoke (for January 2011, though ):)

Pending:
    Smith
  • JublesJubles Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Hey! I applied to:

Smith
    Wellesley
    Bryn Mawr
    Barnard

and haven't heard from any yet. I'm wondering if that's bad and it I should have heard from some by now.
  • motshokonnamotshokonna Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    congrats to everyone!
    @nightpwnsj00: a friend of mine from asia got into spring 2011 as well. =)
    @Jubles: i dont think any of your colleges have released decisions yet. however, i did get a letter from wellesley asking me to login on the 26th aftern 5pm eastern time for my decision! :S

and of course, nothing is bad news until it is staring you in the face from words on a glowing screen. hopefully it wont happen so dont worry!
  • Determind15Determind15 Posts: 341Registered User Member
    @Jubles Barnard didn't send anything out yet. No worries.
  • mccleemcclee Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    Ug, I'm still waiting to know!

Bryn Mawr just sent me an email that they're announcing this Wednesday online!
    And I never got the Wellesley email... but I guess I'll log on the 26th anyway. I know they have all my stuff, so it's weird that I didn't get an email...
  • SmithieandProudSmithieandProud Posts: 3,038Registered User Senior Member
    Smith has started notifying its merit scholarship recipients about their acceptance, but the majority of accepted students don't receive merit scholarships and won't hear about their general acceptance until the 26th.
  • coskatcoskat Posts: 808Registered User Member
    DD received her acceptance at Smith with Stride & Mt Holyoke this week
  • Bluechic92Bluechic92 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Bryn Mawr : Waitlisted =/
    Pending: Barnard

^^^ i think if i get waitlisted from Bryn Mawr....i am defenitely getting rejected from Barnard =((((((((

oh well
    Bryn Mawr: Accepted!
    Pending: Wellesley

Too bad bluechic. I might have to end up at an instate school b/c of finances :( No aid awards announced yet. Maybe a spot will open up!
  • teenage_clicheteenage_cliche Posts: 3,522Registered User Senior Member
    Accepted:
    Mount Holyoke (with $10,000/year)
    Smith
    I actually got a pretty decent aid package from Bryn Mawr despite their lack of Merit Aid. Haverford rejected me, so that clears up having to choose between the two (Bryn Mawr was always my favorite anyways though)
  • caterpillar14caterpillar14 Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    Accepted:
    Mount Holyoke
    Bryn Mawr

Pending:
    Wellesley

now to convince my dad that BMC or Moho is a better choice than the much less expensive Geneseo. Received a pretty nice package from BMC but it is still about 10k over Geneseo :(
  • IVeIVe Posts: 63Registered User Junior Member
    we got a better aid package from Wellesley than from Geneseo. The state universities ended up been more expensive than the private colleges after the aid was announced. Don't give up yet.
  • nightpwnsj00nightpwnsj00 Posts: 482Registered User Member
    Aw, waitlisted from Smith. I really hope that they pull through eventually, as Smith has been my #1 forever.