Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Yale for nursing?

littleicefishlittleicefish Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2011 in Yale University
I'm currently a first semester freshman in college and I know I want to become a nurse when I grow up. I was looking at the top nursing schools in the US and I would like to go to Yale. I never had the top notch grades in HS or the best SAT grades. I was very much an average student with average grades so how I can be Yale material for a transfer student? And community service?

How important is the essays in the Yale transfer app?

Thanks!
Post edited by littleicefish on

Replies to: Yale for nursing?

• AdmissionsAddictAdmissionsAddict Posts: 1,385Registered User Senior Member
    Yale School of Nursing is a graduate school. You need to complete your bachelor's degree first. Yale does not have an undergraduate nursing program.
  • T26E4T26E4 Posts: 16,973Registered User Senior Member
    But also to your question about potentially transferring into Yale college, know that it'll be virtually impossible. Their admit rate is about 2-3%. The typical successful transfer was the type of HS student who was accepted at several Yale-type colleges upon graduation. I'm afraid you should consider Yale Nursing after your bachelors. Good luck to you.