Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Do freshmen have to live on campus?

beckkkahhhx3beckkkahhhx3 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
edited July 2012 in Yale University
Hey, this is a question for anyone who has been to the school or who knows the answer.

Im looking into a lot of colleges, but one of the major things is that I do not want to live in a dorm. I want to be able to cook my own food, so I would rather live in an apartment off campus or some kind of housing that you had a fridge and it's more like your own house.

When I go on the college websites, it's very confusing and I can't seem to find a straight answer, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by beckkkahhhx3 on

Replies to: Do freshmen have to live on campus?

• gibbygibby Posts: 5,076Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, Yale freshman and sophomores are required to live on campus: Housing and Advising Form | Yale College
  • seasmartseasmart Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
    Do freshmen have to live on campus?
    Students in their first four terms of enrollment must live on campus unless they are married or are at least twenty-one years of age. For more information see Undergraduate Regulations: Dormitory Regulations.
  • Kdog044Kdog044 Posts: 1,452Registered User Senior Member
    Yeah, so unless you plan on getting married before you get there, it's not possible. ;)