Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Yale athletic likely letters

sovicillesovicille Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Yale University
If I haven't received my likely letter by now, does that mean Admissions has rejected my application?
Post edited by sovicille on

Replies to: Yale athletic likely letters

• T26E4T26E4 Posts: 18,721Registered User Senior Member
    Not all athletes get Likely letters. Did the coach say you should expect one?

You've not been formally rejected -- no one has.
  • sovicillesovicille Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I had an OV, recruits in my sport receive LLs, my application is being supported, some fellow recruits have already received lls, I haven't.
  • T26E4T26E4 Posts: 18,721Registered User Senior Member
    Hard for any of us out here to guess. Good luck though.
  • stemitstemit Posts: 575Registered User Member
    Take this to the athletic recruit forum, they will help.
  • entomomentomom Posts: 23,661Registered User Senior Member
    ^Under College Admissions, Specialty Topics.
  • fogfogfogfog Posts: 4,056Registered User Senior Member
    The coach will discuss with you the offer of the LL.

The coaches bring in more athletes that spaces for LLs.

From those athletes that come for OVs, the coaches then rank them...and them start offering LLs.

Contact the coach and ask if you are being supported by a LL.

(You had a successful pre-read and OV correct?)

Did you apply SCEA based on being offered a LL?
  • sovicillesovicille Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Offered, committed and application submitted,
  • stemitstemit Posts: 575Registered User Member
    Call the coach. Ask the status of your LL.
  • fogfogfogfog Posts: 4,056Registered User Senior Member
    I can say that the admissions office will not mail the LL without ALL of the pieces being in the file...all LORs, scores, transcripts etc. When our student was applying (LL) the LORs wwent snail mail, while the rest was transmitted digitally through Common App.
    Coach had to call hs advisor and request a fax of the LORs because it was holding up the LL 2 weeks!!

FWIW I asked K1 about the current recruits, and K1 said that the team is under the impression that the LLs have been committed to all except 1 or 2
  • riverrunnerriverrunner Posts: 2,713Registered User Senior Member
    The coach should be able to tell you as soon as "it's in the mail" if you were approved. And a friend had the same experience fogfog described. There was some kind of communication break down between the HS and Yale. (Lost transcripts and LORs). Faxing records sped things along. But don't do it unless Yale says they're missing something.