Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Yale Class of 2018 SCEA Discussion thread

Replies to: Yale Class of 2018 SCEA Discussion thread

• apkid3apkid3 Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    You can apply as a junior I believe, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you've totally exhausted your HS' curriculum/experiences and aced all your standardized testing. Personally, I wouldn't want to miss out on senior year of high school, so I wouldn't, but you can if you want to.
  • racon45racon45 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    is the SCEA common app yale supplement's deadline really novemember 1 now?
  • my88keysmy88keys Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    is the SCEA common app yale supplement's deadline really novemember 1 now?

I don't know why you're saying now. It's always been Nov. 1
  • SpoolManSpoolMan Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    @cvn70jsf35, @Philovitist, @killbeefgoham and others who have can answer:

You mentioned that you altered your common app to make it better for RD round? What did you change? Any general advice for people who are trying to get into these top schools SCEA?
    Also, I've always heard of people saying to "package yourself" to present to admissions in the application. Could anyone clarify that? Do they mean like make sure your passion is shown in multiple parts of the application?
    So many mistakes in the above post. I apologize, everyone.
    Yale 2018 applicants:
    Where are you supposed to put additional test scores? Yale website says to "list any additional test scores you have received on the Yale Supplement." However, I do not see a place to do so.
  • awesomenerdawesomenerd Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
    I'm doing SCEA =D go Yale! my dream! scea 2018 <3

but really, the common app is so confusing..no more submitting of additional docs like resumes..... :( btw is anyone wants to chance me that would be awesome...
  • silogramsilogram Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    Bump for SpoolMan's first question. I would really like to know what changed for @philovitist.
  • TadakichiTadakichi Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    I have a question that I'd love some of you guys' input on. I go to a school that has had one person accepted to Yale (public school, ~500 per class) every year for the past 3 years. This year, a guy has already gotten recruited for sports at Yale. I'm valedictorian and have much better academic, extracurricular, and leadership stats than him, but is it really worth applying SCEA if Yale has already accepted someone from our school? We have the same background. I just want to know my chances and change my early action choice if needed.
    I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try. Yale doesn't have some kind of rule that says they can only take 1 person per high school. However, if there is another school (Princeton, Harvard, etc.) that you like equally and has SCEA, maybe go for that one instead.
    Btw I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get you to apply to a different school. This is my honest opinion.
  • keesh17keesh17 Registered User Posts: 435 Member
    My experience with my kids high school (public magnet, 250 per class) leads me to think that Yale does not have a "quota" system since one to seven applicants are accepted to Yale every year. Out of those, one or two are typically URM, legacy or recruited athletes.
  • MarioandluigiMarioandluigi Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    I've decided to apply scea and a yale admissions officer (for my state) is visiting my school in a week! It will be during the school day and he will be talking to about 5 kids at a table in my school's conference room. He will probably be literally sitting next to me. Needless to say, I'll be catatonic.
  • upinflightupinflight Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    After a lot of debate, I've decided to SCEA Yale, my 1st choice school. Good luck to us all!
  • GandalfGreyGandalfGrey Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Hey, anyone international applying to Yale?
    As an international Applicant, I would like to know!
  • Alex1994CAlex1994C Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, I am applying SCEA to Yale and I am from Russia. Where are you from ? Any other internationals applying SCEA ?
This discussion has been closed.