Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Yale 2021 Applicants

Replies to: Yale 2021 Applicants

• Tperry1982Tperry1982 Registered User Posts: 1,453 Senior Member
    @BKSquared - sounds like the ebb and flow of most of my interviews, with a couple of variances. I think you captured it well.
  • USUG21USUG21 Registered User Posts: 969 Member
    Does intervieweer has a role in making an applicant accepted or rejectsd
  • yonceonhismouthyonceonhismouth Registered User Posts: 1,954 Senior Member
    @USUG21 the interview report plays a very small role in the admissions process. The admissions officers will utilize it to get another, more "personal" idea of the applicant, but a meh interview will not destroy your chances. The only time an interview could significantly hurt you is if a big red flag comes up that the interviewer then notifies the school of (racism, lying on the app, etc).
  • DryMangoDryMango Registered User Posts: 304 Member
    Has anyone gotten a likely letter?
    Got a mail from yale regarding global solidarity
  • masquerade98masquerade98 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    Same. It's nice to see people responding in such a positive manner.
  • YnotgoYnotgo Registered User Posts: 3,251 Senior Member
    My son said he's received emails like that from many of the colleges where he applied, some where he didn't apply (still sending deadline extensions), and also the college and department where he is doing dual enrollment.
  • MCurieMCurie Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when likely letters usually come out for Yale?
  • BiotechgirlBiotechgirl Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    @MCurie I know some applicants received phone calls yesterday from the yale admission office regarding likely admission.
    @DryMango ... this college app process is taking a toll on all of us.... so things happenening... lets hope for the best....
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 23,909 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Let's not get this thread closed down due to politics.
    Agreed. Additionally discussions between 2 members should be conducted via PM, not held here. On top of that, it's a waste of time to try to interpret every nuance that may or may not appear in a mass email. 9 posts deleted.
  • MCurieMCurie Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
  • WhatSallyWhatSally Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    I think getting into an argument on cc is a waste of time and yet I do think the discussion is relevant as we move into the latter part of the college admissions process. As a parent of a mixed race kid I find myself going through my sons list and wondering not only it he will get in - but whether he will be safe at each of the schools on his list given the newly inspired hostile stance towards brown people. It does add additional nuance to the college process. In that context I was very grateful for the note Yale sent out. It definitely went up in my estimation as a safe place for my son. That doesn't change the fact that it is a lotto school.
  • 18yrcollegemin18yrcollegemin Registered User Posts: 245 Junior Member
    @WhatSally I, too, was reassured by the email that Yale will be a welcoming place for my daughter and was grateful she received it.
  • 676339784676339784 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Did anybody's application status portal page change? I only have three items there now: Common App, Fee Waiver, and Mid-Year Report.