Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Yale 2021 Applicants

Replies to: Yale 2021 Applicants

• anaheimanaheim Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    My portal is still the same - application, fee, letters of rec, mid year, etc
  • 676339784676339784 Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    Ah yeah, false alarm. After reloading the page a few times the normal checklist is back.
  • I_Love_StanfordI_Love_Stanford Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    I have about a 3.7 GPA also. I'm kind of worried it will hurt me in the admissions process. Also, my rank is not good.
    I have a 3.7 GPA. But I'm not double legacy...
    I'm the one who created this group discussion? How is everyone doing? Does anybody think they have a good chance at getting in?
  • masquerade98masquerade98 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    @I_Love_Stanford I don't think anyone has a good chance, since their acceptance rates are so low, so I guess that's a comforting thought? At this point I've stopped worrying about it since there's nothing more I can do, and I suggest that you do the same. Focus on enjoying second semester and spending time with your friends instead.
  • MCurieMCurie Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Doing good @I_Love_Stanford ! How are you holding up?
  • Georgia101Georgia101 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I have not been contacted yet for an alumni interview. I live in one of the largest cities in the U.S, so location and amount of alumni volunteers available should not be an issue. My classmates who've also applied to Yale RD have already been contacted and have already done their alumni interviews.

I know the alumni interview report deadline is coming up. Should I contact admission and the alumni counsel about my situation? Yale is the only interview I'm waiting on.
    @Georgia101 if it's any consolation, i'm waiting for mine too. I requested UChicago, Duke, Harvard, and Yale interviews and have been contacted for none of them. So if anyone has any suggestions, I totally second that question.
  • camara99camara99 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I was contacted for an interview last week and it was conducted yesterday afternoon. I also live in a fairly large city in the U.S. and the majority of my classmates had their interviews towards the beginning of January. With that being said, my interviewer noted that the deadline for conducting interviews is not until February 15th, and that their selection is based solely on availability in regards to volunteers. I would wait a few more days before panicking; but also keep in mind that they ask applicants not to request an alumni interview as the alum has to be the one that approaches you.
  • USUG21USUG21 Registered User Posts: 969 Member
    Any international who got a likey letter ?
    Thanks @camara99 ! I actually just got my Harvard invite to interview, so I guess many of the colleges are still waiting things out- it seems like we just have to hang in there. Thanks again!
    *still SENDING things out, excuse me.
  • USUG21USUG21 Registered User Posts: 969 Member
    @MCurie yes...got columbia interview today. So we need to hang on ...
  • greenteen17greenteen17 Registered User Posts: 600 Member
    @I_Love_Stanford I hate waiting!! I think my chances of getting in are very small...but you never know!