Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

***Yale 2022 Applicants Discussion***

Replies to: ***Yale 2022 Applicants Discussion***

• Dev2018Dev2018 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I have done neuroscience research in this past summer so it is not that. I just heard that you may be at a disadvantage based on race for a particular major (an Asian pursuing an STEM major) because of competition.
  • msexton525msexton525 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 30
    I don't plan on applying as an architecture major because I think it will make it "easier" to get in. I am very passionate about architecture and have done multiple things in the field including getting A+ in my architectural design classes, founding the architectural design club at my school, being on the architectural program advisory board (deciding what happens with the grants/budget for the program), working alongside my teacher to design local works, visiting architecture firms, etc.
  • worriestoomuchworriestoomuch Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    @msexton525 - Yale has an amazing architecture program as you already know, and you sound very focussed and grounded. Your architectural studies/work in high school will provide persuasive evidence for your choice of prospective major. Best of luck to you!
  • BKSquaredBKSquared Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    @Dev2018 and @msexton525, sound like great anchors to build your applications around. My comment and others were a general statement about the risks of trying to "game" your application for the benefit of anyone applying to Yale (or other selective schools). I suspect the most successful applications (and the easiest ones to prepare) are ones that stay true to the applicant's interests, abilities and accomplishments. The application will be internally consistent in a way that the AO can say, "I know this kid, and he/she would be great to have on campus."
  • cambellssoupcambellssoup Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    i'll be applying scea as well! of course i'm hoping to get in, but my realistic goal is just to not get rejected
  • tripledouble2000tripledouble2000 Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
    Hello, is there a SCEA version of this thread?
  • nicknick567nicknick567 Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when the supplement will be released on common app? It's still not up. :((
  • lacolibrilacolibri Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I read somewhere that they should be up before September 1, but no definite date was set for when they would be made available. I'm so anxious!
  • IxnayBobIxnayBob Registered User Posts: 3,993 Senior Member
    edited August 16
    If I'm not mistaken, the supplement doesn't change much year to year. If it were me, I'd mentally prepare essays as per https://admissions.yale.edu/essay-topics. Good luck.

ETA: I think the common app supplement hasn't changed since DS applied, and he's a rising Yale senior now.
  • DeepBlue86DeepBlue86 Registered User Posts: 620 Member
    That page says it has the 2017-2018 essay topics - maybe Common App hasn't uploaded them yet. Always good to check the actual college admissions website.
  • Pri930Pri930 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    Common app has it now.
  • IxnayBobIxnayBob Registered User Posts: 3,993 Senior Member
    @Pri930, out of curiosity, has it changed since last year?
  • Pri930Pri930 Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    Common app has the same ones as mentioned in https://admissions.yale.edu/essay-topics
  • chunkyglasseschunkyglasses Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    International applicant here! Not sure if I'm doing SCEA - struggling between Yale and Princeton or not at all - but still so excited!
  • tripledouble2000tripledouble2000 Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
    Hello, for SCEA applicants, can we do an on-campus interview past the SCEA application deadline? Will interview evaluations from November dates be reviewed with our application or is it too late?