Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Yale Early??

SkwachSkwach Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hey guys--

I'm a current senior applying for the class of 2022 and I'm thinking about applying early to Yale. It's just a tad bit of a reach for me, as it is for anyone--I'm just concerned about wasting the early if there are schools I'd have a better shot at. Can any current student or applicant convince me of why it's the best place ever??

Thank you for any and all responses!

Replies to: Yale Early??

• YaleGradandDadYaleGradandDad Registered User Posts: 1,035 Senior Member
    We have no idea what it means to be a "tad bit of a reach for me". The SCEA crowd in an exceptionally strong pool with an admit rate in the low teens which itself is skewed higher by the number of recruited athletes. If admitted you can sit pretty in December while your ivy-obsessed classmates sweat it out till late March. Of course there are lots of great schools that give you a better early shot. We don't know if it is the best place ever for you. While it is amongst the most competitive schools to gain admission, individual fit means more than "best place ever". Good luck.