so i decided last-minute that i wanted to take the ACT (dumb on my part, i know) to try to offset my SAT
but i can only do standby for this weekend because SCEA says they want ACT scores for oct or earlier, but i might not be able to take it (plus it's expensive)
or i'll have to register for dec ACT...the scores of which will not reach yale in time...would they just defer me to see what my scores are? or would they assume that i was just being dumb and lost track of the deadline, and not care that i indicated that i would be taking the ACT in dec?
standby oct or regular dec?
(btw do they still take your $86 if it turns out there's no room for you for testing?)
i don't want to make my entire app RD just for my ACT...