Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Why is Yale considered the **** school

PushaPusha Posts: 48Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2005 in Yale University
I was just wondering because alot of the other smart students suggest that i never apply there because it is a **** SCHOOL. Is tjis because of the whole George Bushs' daddy buying them a new gym gained him admission
Post edited by Pusha on

Replies to: Why is Yale considered the **** school

• ivyqueenivyqueen Posts: 179Registered User Junior Member
    Well, you see, Pusha, most of the people who hang out on this forum are quite partial to Yale.... But there is this guy Byerly you could talk to ;).
  • shrek2004shrek2004 Posts: 3,460Registered User Senior Member
    not that this is true, but it has the stereotype as being the cockiest/most arrogant ivy as in students thinking they are better than everyone else. each ivy has their own stereotype which usually arent very true. u wont know until u visit, so, dont judge anything on what you hear =P. i know wonderful people at yale.
  • newtnewt Posts: 1,413Registered User Senior Member
    I've never heard of that stereotype, shrek. I've only heard that it's the "gay" ivy.
  • ByerlyByerly Posts: 7,019- Senior Member
  • barski222barski222 Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
    I was under the impression that Princeton is the cocky/arrogant Ivy...that's been my experience, in any case.
  • ivyqueenivyqueen Posts: 179Registered User Junior Member
    Byerly--
    Thank heavens there's none of that at Harvard: http://www.harvardindependent.com/media/paper369/news/2004/04/15/Forum/Under.The.Gaydar-662178.shtml. No arrogance or cockiness either. Indeed I know some lovely people from Harvard. And they sure have a swell football team :cool:.
  • ivyboy05ivyboy05 Posts: 1,059Registered User Senior Member
    One in two, maybe YOU!
  • crimsonbulldogcrimsonbulldog Posts: 885Registered User Member
    Its always been my impression that princeton was the cockiest/waspy/uptight/preppy ivy as well.
  • thinkjose1thinkjose1 Posts: 1,427Registered User Senior Member
    All stereotypes.
  • sleetsleet Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    The beggining of that article was satirical/parodical. The end sounded like pro-homosexual propaganda. Which of the two was it?
  • vivaldi87vivaldi87 Posts: 768Registered User Member
    This thread is ridiculous.
  • meamea Posts: 1,092Registered User Senior Member
    Actually, Yale seems to have less of a ****-y rep...to me anyway. Princeton - the stereotype seems to be more "snobbish", which is similar but not exactly the same as arrogant. That title is reserved for Harvard. All stereotypes, however, which can be switched around between HYP at wild abandon depending on who you talk to. Without a doubt you will find some snobby, ****-y, arrogant kids at any of these schools. Logically speaking, it doesn't make sense that the students at each school should be drastically different.
  • suburbiansuburbian Posts: 1,329Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, vivaldi, I agree with you...

1. How exactly is a college a "**** school"?
    2. Do Yale and Harvard alums have nothing better to do than to discuss rhymes about the number of gay people at Yale?
  • PushaPusha Posts: 48Registered User Junior Member
    well this was slightly insightfull
  • Keynes1105Keynes1105 Posts: 237Registered User Junior Member
    yale's stereotype is the only one of all the ivys that I found to be true when i visited(besides cornell)