Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

ACT Science Impossible

actsat2400actsat2400 Registered User Posts: 401 Member
edited August 2013 in ACT Preparation
I have a 32 composite with a 28 in the science section!!

Anyone know how to bring it up?? I know the basic strategies already

I am aiming for a 31 + in science! Just need a couple questions more right!

Thanks
Post edited by actsat2400 on

Replies to: ACT Science Impossible

• cardyboycardyboy Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    What is the main issue you are experiencing when doing the science section? Is it time?
  • 93tiger1693tiger16 - Posts: 492 Member
    The main issue most people have with the science section is not having enough time to do it. You essentially only have, what, 5 minutes per section? You have to be able to understand what the given passage is saying, and then derive your answers from the tables/charts. Practice makes perfect here.
  • actsat2400actsat2400 Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    after i take a practice test and look at the ones i got wrong, i have no clue why i got it wrong in the first place. Time is not an issue. I finish on time. It tends to be the last question in each science passage that i get wrong, the ones that are more complex
  • 93tiger1693tiger16 - Posts: 492 Member
    Read the explanations. Do you understand the explanations? If not, you could always ask someone.
  • actsat2400actsat2400 Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    I do sometimes but even if I do, it doesn't help me with my next practice test since it's not like their was "material" i didn't know
  • efeens44efeens44 Registered User Posts: 896 Member
    Listen to 93tiger16; he/she is spot on. Practice really does make perfect when it comes to the ACT science section. Take it from me; my first time taking the test, I got a 29 on science. After a ton of science practice, I got that bad boy up to a 35. It's not impossible; you just have to commit yourself to it.
  • austin23austin23 Registered User Posts: 609 Member
    I brought my science score from a 24 to a 31 in 2 months just by taking practice tests
  • austin23austin23 Registered User Posts: 609 Member
    Oh i just realized this thread is a year old... Lol hope you got the score you wanted
This discussion has been closed.