Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Should I take the ACT again?

Undecided2020Undecided2020 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
Ok so I am a current Junior, just go my February scores back and dont know if I should take the test again.
I have taken the ACT 3 times before first: 23 second: 24 third: 27
My english score went up 5 point to a 32 which really helped me get that 27. Never thought that I would be able to do that on my third try and I'm kind of worried that if I take it again my score might go down. I might have just gotten really lucky because i didnt think I did that well.
I am not applying to any elite colleges, just state universities. But at one of the schools that I am looking at if I can get a 28 on the ACT than I can get a generous scholarship. Do you think 27 was my peak? I just dont want my score to go down and lose courage. TWO QUESTIONS: Should I take it again? what do you think my chances are of increasing it one more point to a 28 ? THANKS

Replies to: Should I take the ACT again?

This discussion has been closed.