Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

General ACT Question

ItiffanysphoneItiffanysphone Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
Hey guys,

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm currently attending community college and want to transfer soon to University of South Florida. I have never taken the ACT, but need to take it now for admission to USF.

As far as I know, USF isn't very competitive so I'm not that worried about getting a high ACT score for admissions. However, I do plan to apply for many scholarships. My question is - How much impact does an ACT score have on scholarships?

I know I could get a great and possibly even a perfect score on the ACT if I put the time into studying. My current GPA is 4.0 and I'm an Engineering major. I just want to know if it's really worth the work I would have to put into it since I don't need an incredible score for admissions purposes.

Thanks guys.

Replies to: General ACT Question

This discussion has been closed.