Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Is this score enough?

ejlander129ejlander129 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
Hi I am a 17 year old student about to start applying for college. I am applying to some ivy league schools. My ACT composite was a 35 but i got a 7 on the essay and a 31 on the combined english writing. Do i retake or am I okay?

Replies to: Is this score enough?

• HereToHelpYouHereToHelpYou Registered User Posts: 855 Member
    Check to see if the schools you are applying to even require a writing score before you retake.

Congratulations on a great score!
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 11,358 Senior Member
    The ACT score is good enough but what about all the other parts of your profile? Even if they are all outstanding you have a very small chance of being admitted just like other top applicants.
  • ejlander129ejlander129 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @TomSrOfBoston I understand that my chancea of getting in are limited. I was just wondering if people thought that writing score was going to be a factor that would hurt my chances.
This discussion has been closed.