right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Can you use old ACT prep books?

collegehelp1010collegehelp1010 49 replies32 threads Junior Member
Hello,

I'm planning on prepping for the ACT over summer and I was wondering if I could use some of the old ACT prep books that my siblings had? They're from the 2009-2011 ish years and I was wondering if the ACT had changed a lot over the years?

Thanks!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can you use old ACT prep books?

• OsemCC77OsemCC77 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Lol I’m in the same situation. I know the ACT changed a little in 2015, but the older textbooks (2012, 2014, etc.) are actually really helping me with my score. When I took the SAT recently, I got a 1350, so I decided to switch tests and even with the old textbooks, my scores have improved to Ivy standards.
    · Reply · Share
  • coltonpayneCCcoltonpayneCC 9 replies0 threads New Member
    edited June 2018
    According to Prepscholar, the ACT has been gradually increasing in difficulty over time. They warn against using pre-2010 prep books because of this, but your prep book should still be a pretty decent way to prepare. I would reccomend getting a more up to date prep book if possible, but if that is going to be a financial burden it isn't the end of the world. I would recommend finding one newer practice test online after you have used the older book just to check that you are getting the most accurate indicator of success. Good luck on your test prep!
    edited June 2018
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity