Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Is time an issue ?

Bassplayer08Bassplayer08 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
edited November 2009 in ACT Preparation
Hello,

I was wondering if time is an issue when taking the ACT.
Did you have time to answer all questions ?
If no it like you could answer everything it you had time to ?
Did you have to work faster or could you allow yourself to work slower than when you took the SAT (if so) ?

Thanks !!
Post edited by Bassplayer08 on

Replies to: Is time an issue ?

• 45daysinrome45daysinrome Registered User Posts: 570 Member
    For me, most of the time I can work at a much more manageable pace than on the SATs, and if I don't lose track of time, I usually finish all of the questions.
    But yes, time is an issue since it is a timed standardized test. My suggestions for you is to take a practice test, and time your self. See how you do, if you need to speed yourself up, or if you're on a good pace.
    The key for standardize test is to familiarity with the test and lots of practice!
  • jaredririejaredririe Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    I'll put it this way: If there was no time limit, I could easily get 35+. Time is what makes a lot of somewhat easy questions difficult.
  • ThunderFan1ThunderFan1 Registered User Posts: 913 Member
    Ya if I had gotten the time extension due to ADHD (which I maybe could have), I could have gotten a 35, maybe a 36, although the extension is VERY hard to get. Time is normally peoples biggest obstacle. Much quicker than the SAT but some argue that the questions are easier. Math and English are normally fine, but reading and science can get tight. Lots of practice and pace yourself and you should be fine.
  • smartone92smartone92 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    yeah time is a definite issue. it is a HUGE issue for me in the math section since you have 60 minutes of 60 straight math questions. you get tired at the end, but that's why they give you a break. time is kinda hard for reading but if you read fast and carefully at the same time, the questions will come real easy
  • mastermaniamastermania Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    For me, time isn't that big of an issue, but, if I do have time issues, they are on the reading and science sections.
  • mattiomattio Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Time is really the only issue, if there was no time, I'd have a 36 easily because I'm always rushed on the reading and science. What do you have to do in order to get extra time for ADHD? The only person at our school who gets the extra time is the counselor's son. -.-
  • DanERDanER Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    Ya, time was a huge issue for me. 35 minutes to read 5 passages and answer 40 questions was a bit tough for me. >.<
  • ThunderFan1ThunderFan1 Registered User Posts: 913 Member
    4 passages, but yes, still tough
This discussion has been closed.