Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Increasing ACT English score by 5 and math by 3 in a week of studying

collegebrocollegebro Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
edited January 2010 in ACT Preparation
I didn't study the first time and got a 21 English and 25 Math. Is it enough to if I start studying today with my friends Princeton Review Book 2007 that he let me use to increase my math and english if I only study for those. And what's the highest I can increase does and what should I do to help besides that review book?
Post edited by collegebro on

Replies to: Increasing ACT English score by 5 and math by 3 in a week of studying

• cowking15cowking15 Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    Lol, how do we know the highest you can increase? You can get a 36 the next time you test, its not our decision. Just review all rules for english grammar/math section. Practice tests, Practice tests, Practices tests.

CC is not here to tell you that you will score XX on your next ACT because you did YY hours of studying
  • collegebrocollegebro Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    And what's the highest I can increase based on how fast you guys increased your scores does and what should I do to help besides that review book? Is there a good place to take practice test?
    Once again, the highest you can increase is to a 36. If I increased 5 points, that doesnt limit you. You are NOT me, you are not ANYTHING LIKE me, you are not even genetically CLOSE to me. Stop asking what we got.

Now for studying, get some review books and take practice tests. You can find them online/book stores like barnes and nobles. the red OFFICIAL ACT book is one of the best. Just review grammar rules necessary for the ACT test and how to solve the math problems (geometry,algebra 1/2 and a bit of trig).
    How did you do on the ACT?
    I scored a 32, practiced reading and scored another 32 second time, but with a higher reading grade. So superscored i had a 34 (from two 32's).
    How long did you study or prepare?
    Mmm I was already knowledged about how the test worked. I did 1 practice test before the first 32. Then i did 3-4 practice tests before my 2nd testing.

Just do practice tests/review rules and hope for the best.
    Thanks man. Do you know any good websites for practice test? And do you think my Princeton Review 2007 is recent enough to help me? I need at least a 26 in english and 28 in math for my college.
    I havent used the Princeton Review, so i would not know.
  • Salve!Salve! Registered User Posts: 1,551 Senior Member
    You will get a... calculating... Loading 95%... 32 on your next ACT! Good Job!

JK, sure you can raise your scores. Just get as many practice tests as you can and do those. That's the only way you are going to get better. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.