Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Would being tutored for the SAT...

XelbMSXelbMS Registered User Posts: 424 Member
edited January 2010 in ACT Preparation
...be detrimental if you decided that you wanted to take the ACT? I'm getting tutored so that I'm ready for my second SAT in May, but I'm taking my first ACT in April (and again in June). Would being tutored for the SAT be detrimental to getting a high score?
Post edited by XelbMS on

Replies to: Would being tutored for the SAT...

• wanago2collegewanago2college Registered User Posts: 386 Member
    Not really, but the ACT is a whole different test. There are no tricks, no vocab, harsh time limits, and some different subjects (trig., science, etc) so it wouldn't really help you. Your critical thinking and reading skills would help you tho.
  • XelbMSXelbMS Registered User Posts: 424 Member
    I see so for writing and critical reading, SAT tutoring would somewhat help, but not mathematically?

(also, time isn't much of a factor. I was able to get extra time for the ACT)
This discussion has been closed.