Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

For all those taking the ACT

wanago2collegewanago2college Registered User Posts: 386 Member
edited February 2010 in ACT Preparation
There's a book out: The ACT Math Black Book by Amrit Kullar in Reference
idk how it is though
Post edited by wanago2college on

Replies to: For all those taking the ACT

• wanago2collegewanago2college Registered User Posts: 386 Member
    bumpppppppp
  • TheMasterofActTheMasterofAct Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    From seeing a lot of your posts on here, it seems like you own most of the books out there. Any book that advertises, a short, quick fix approach (i.e. this book) is probably not going to be that helpful to you personally. Eventually, once you have read a bunch of prep books, the most helpful thing you can do is take practice tests. And even then, everyone will eventually hit their limit. Your commitment is admirable, but you also can't blow ACT out of proportion and try to get through every single resource out there. Skipping out on sports, friends, opposite sex, and all the other fun high school things ain't worth one extra point on your math section.

Anyway, went on a tangent there, I paged through this book at a tutoring place I used to work at. It seemed to cover most of the math concepts in a nice straightforward fashion. I recommend for someone who is looking to get through all the Math stuff fairly quickly.
This discussion has been closed.