Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

ACT Math Section

nishpanishpa Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
edited March 2010 in ACT Preparation
Does ACT Math cover conic sections? Also, how much in depth does it cover circles? Do I need to know all the formulas for circles?
Post edited by nishpa on

Replies to: ACT Math Section

• FutureENTSurgeonFutureENTSurgeon Registered User Posts: 1,073 Senior Member
    yes it covers all conic section but usually 1 question at the most 2 questions. i had 2 question about conic sections and i guessed on both i guess i got one right because of the fact that i got a 35 on the math now if i could only get my science and reading up from a 29 to 32's
  • kenny8kenny8 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh yes, it does. About 2-3 questions on circles and if occasionally, ellipse also come up. But it's usually simple, such as asking for the formula, asking the point of a place on the circle, etc.
  • jn2011jn2011 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    It usually has a couple of questions. If you have a calculator that does conic sections, that should suffice.
This discussion has been closed.