Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Has Anybody Else Applied to Adelphi?

Replies to: Has Anybody Else Applied to Adelphi?

• jesuscaresjesuscares Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    hey greystreet i forgot to ask. do you remember how long it took for you to see your application status on the adelphi website after you applied? and did they send a email confirming that they received your application?
  • churalskachuralska Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    When are they going to notify us for admission?
    churalska when did you apply to Adelphi
  • greystreetgreystreet Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    "hey greystreet i forgot to ask. do you remember how long it took for you to see your application status on the adelphi website after you applied? and did they send a email confirming that they received your application?"

I don't remember looking online to check my app. status. And, they didn't send me an email saying they got my App, but I think they sent me a postcard or something like that.

If you're worried that they're taking longer than usual, you can always call or email the admissions office.
    ok thanks again
    I applied on the 1st of March. :)
    that was the time when you placed it in the mail? cause i placed my application in the mail on Feb 22nd and i am still waitin
    Yes, that was the time when I placed it in the mail. By the way can they reject me if I don't have sufficient money to cover my tutition?
    at least i don't think so. did u send in the affidavit of support as yet? and did you check your application status on the website if yes tell me if they received your application. I checked on the website and they said that my application record cannot be located as yet.
    i just checked my status and they said they received my application it arrived yesterday.
    and I seriously don't think that your financial status will cause rejection i got an email from the admissions department stating that your admittance into the University will be based on your academic work so don't worry.
    Ya, I sent them the affidat of support, bank statement, statements from employers, too. But I just read somewhere that if you ask a lot of money, u are rejected. Well, I am not sure about that. I haven't received anything from them that they have received my materials and I am worried. I sent them an e-mail but they don't answer me. Do I have to call them?Usually it takes around 2 weeks letters to arrive in the U.S. from my country. I do not know what to do.
    btw, jesuscares where are u from and in how many universities do u apply?
    i am from Trinidad and i applied to two universities St. John's University and Adelphi but I really want to go Adelphi instead.

and with respect to the affidavit of support I saw on the adelphi website that international students should wait to prepare the affidavit of support untilthe international student budget sheet 2006-2007 comes out. here is the webpage. http://admissions.adelphi.edu/admitted/international.php

ps i have not been admitted but this is the reason i chose to wait.

btw did adelphi get ur application. u can check ur status
    https://class.adelphi.edu/admisappstatus/intcheckstatus.php
    churalska did adelphi give u any word as yet.
This discussion has been closed.