right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

What are my chances ?

Khushboo1988Khushboo1988 7 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hello, My Gre score is 1280 ( quant 740, verbal 540 ) n i have an aggregate of 86% in Btech ( till 6th sem ) with no back logs. I havent still given TOEFL . I have applied for

Purdue University
North Carolina State University
University of Maryland, College park
University of South California

What are my chances to get in the above graduate schools ???
edited October 2010
3 replies
Post edited by Khushboo1988 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are my chances ?

• PhoenixRPhoenixR 613 replies21 threadsRegistered User Member
    GRE and GPA are only a small part in your application. Universities weigh much more your writing Sample that is Essays and teacher recommendations.
    But if you consider statistics. North Carolina State should be easy for you (I'm talking only of score, you might get rejected from there as well). For Purdue you fall in the Middle 50% but your Verbal does not. University of Maryland is a match I guess and USC should be a dream. Concentrate hard on writing an awesome essay and personal statement as these can make or break an application. And not to forget that your Recommendations will carry a lot of weight that you think.
    · Reply · Share
  • Khushboo1988Khushboo1988 7 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
    What essays are you referring to ??? The same ones that were asked in GRE or the college has some different writing test ?? I wanted to know is my score good enough for the above universities leaving the recommendation and SOP part .
    · Reply · Share
  • Khushboo1988Khushboo1988 7 replies2 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Also please let me know any universities you would suggest considering my score ???
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity