Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

My college application list

Senior14Senior14 Registered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
What do you think of my college application list?

I'm applying for colleges this year, and wanted to know what others think of my list because I just want to make sure I get into one lol.

1. University of Pennsylvania
2. Duke University
3. Harvard University
4. John Hopkins University
5. University of Notre Dame
6. University of Florida
7. University of Miami
Post edited by Senior14 on

Replies to: My college application list

• RavenclawGirlRavenclawGirl Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    We need to know a little more about you before we make a call. GPA, SAT/ACT, interests, type of school, rank, extracurriculars, class schedule, things like that. Then we will be able to tell which schools are reaches, which are matches, and which are safeties.
  • SawyerSawyer Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Assuming you're strong academically, this looks like a solid list. It is pretty top-heavy though, so you'll have to shoulder the risk of potentially not getting into your top-choices. But RavenclawGirl is right, I can't give you a more informative answer without some more information.

And just to nitpick, it's Harvard College, not University =].
  • mspearlmspearl Registered User Posts: 1,233 Senior Member
    You need more safeties and what is your financial situation? Even with a 4.0 and great scores, it is very hard to get into some of those schools. Have you visited? If you need scholarships do they give them for merit?

Lots of questions to think about.
  • violistchanviolistchan Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    As Sawyer has pointed out, your list is quite "top-heavy." I don't think you will be satisfied if you are forced to attend either UF or UMiami.

It also seems that you are applying to the top schools for arbitrary reasons.
  • iluvpianoiluvpiano Registered User Posts: 2,033 Senior Member
    need to know stats to help
This discussion has been closed.