Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

College said it was fine; now they're unhappy.

AvenueeAvenuee Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
Alright so. Graduating senior here. No AP's offered at my school. I take CC courses to get credit where I may have missed out for not having APs.

April: I had to drop an extracurricular CC course because of mandatory HS presentations. I would have missed more than two classes; that results in a drop-fail. I withdrew to avoid that. My class syllabuses are not handed out at the beginning of the year, so I was unable to predict this.

Admissions Officer said I was fine.

May: I let my college know that I had failed an extracurricular course (CC) and asked them what I should do in order to keep my acceptance. I offered to retake it online or at a CC. I did not fail this because I was lazy; I took a course considered difficult for me and could not find help on the campus. Their assistance isn't the best, let me tell you. Never had I studied my butt off so hard before. Also, tenure teachers. Aww.

Admissions Officer said I was fine again. She even encouraged me to take different CC courses in the summer. I decided not to retake that course because it's not necessary for my majors.

June: Admissions Officer said she misinformed me. They wanna know what happened to these classes and I am up for being revoked.

Uh, I wrote my letter of explanation... but is there anything I can do besides that? I did what they told me to do: inform them about dropping a class and a failing grade. They did point out that they made a mistake ("misinformed me").
Post edited by Avenuee on

Replies to: College said it was fine; now they're unhappy.

• happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 25,510 Senior Member
    "I had to drop an extracurricular CC course because of mandatory HS presentations. I would have missed more than two classes; that results in a drop-fail. I withdrew to avoid that."

Did you withdraw, which means a W is recorded on that transcript, or did you actually fail, which means that an F is recorded? There is a GIGANTIC difference between a W and an F.

If this is a W, then that is what you need to let the admissions officer know. If it is an F, then there probably is nothing that you can do at this point.
  • ZombieDanteZombieDante Registered User Posts: 3,895 Senior Member
    Nope sorry there isn't anything you can do. That sucks though sorry dude..
  • AvenueeAvenuee Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    @happymomof1
    It is a W. I told them that in April in a hand-written letter. The second problem (May) is an F. I explained that to them too.

It's alright though, they came back to me after I had written another letter of explanation. My admission is fine!
  • AvenueeAvenuee Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    ... unless they made a second mistake. I certainly hope not.
This discussion has been closed.