Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I'm pretty sure I'm screwed in college and at work

jnintzel999jnintzel999 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I have a gigantic problem that keeps getting worse because of my inaction. I’m currently living in California. I went to college here and did pretty bad….bad to the point where I was suspended due to my low GPA and eventually dismissed. However, I was one class away from graduating…..now here is the problem….I was offered a job at another local university about 45 minutes away through a friend because they thought I graduated and received my degree. I accepted the job and have been working here for five years now. this past May, I just finished my master’s degree at this school…yes, without an undergrad degree from my previous school. Now they are asking for my transcript from my undergrad school to process my master’s degree. I’ve basically been living a lie for five years now and it’s about to catch up to me. I’ve been let back into my undergrad school so I can finish my last class which will be completed this August. But the problem is, my undergrad degree will list “2011″ as my graduation year….My question is, as much as I have been lying, does it matter that I took my master’s classes BEFORE I ever officially received my undergrad degree? Will that cancel it out? Ahhhh, no idea what to do! Will degree audit question me when I give them a transcript that says "undergrad in 2011"????

Replies to: I'm pretty sure I'm screwed in college and at work

• SLUMOMSLUMOM Registered User Posts: 3,610 Senior Member
    Hmmm. I would think a master's program would want a transcript BEFORE they accepted you into it, so they could see your grades, etc.
  • jnintzel999jnintzel999 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    You would think they wanted it...but no. Weird, I know...but what happened, happened. And now here I am....maybe I should move to the East Coast and forget this even happened....
This discussion has been closed.