Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Advise for 2017 class

BSMDaspirantBSMDaspirant Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
I am a rising senior in a suburban public school, that offer a myriad of Honors and AP courses. I took the hardest courses until my Junior, though messed up my GPA in the process. Unweighted GPA is about 3.1. As I was struggling in the course work, my EC's are a few - nothing really to talk about. My Math SAT I is 660, reading 600, and writing 540. My SAT II math I is 620, and Math II is 660. Chemistry SAT II is 540. I think, I will get strong recommendations, as I do get commendations from faculty on my work ethics. BTW, I have won a couple of State and National prizes in dance and performance and I will be taking AP Art in my senior year. And, I have volunteered at a local hospital extensively.
My questions are:
1. What are the small liberal arts colleges with strong science curriculum(I still want to be a physician), that would accept me?
2. In hindsight, should I have taken easier courses for better GPA?
3. Should I take easier courses next semester?
4. Any chances for BSMD acceptance? I am an Ohio resident.

What other advise that you can give from your experience for a student who is sincere, hardworking, but just does not test well.
Post edited by BSMDaspirant on

Replies to: Advise for 2017 class

This discussion has been closed.