right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Help finding definitive target/match schools

xbbbbxbbxbbbbxbb 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello, I am a student who plans to major in computer science for the fall of 2021, and i'm having trouble establishing whether certain schools are target/match schools or not, especially since admissions for computer science/engineering majors are much lower than the general admission rate . I am looking to make sure that my college list has a good balance of safeties, reaches, and match schools. Here are some of my statistics:

1560 SAT ( 770R&W , 790 M)
800 Math II SAT
4.0 UW GPA 4.65 Weighted, 5 AP's (through Junior Year)
14 hours EC's a Week

Does anyone know of any schools that could be labeled as a "match" school for me, especially in the state of California and the UC system? (i'm a California resident) I'm just having a mild college freak-out right about now.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Help finding definitive target/match schools

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30718 replies442 threads Forum Champion
    I would put UC Davis, Irvine and Santa Barbara as solid Match schools for you based on academics. UCSD is close to a Match while UC Santa Cruz and Riverside would be safeties. UCLA and UCB would be Reach schools but definitely within Reach. I would add Cal Poly SLO to your list along with Santa Clara University if you are interested in a private school. Stanford should also be on your list as a Reach school. The issue with the UC’s is that many campuses will also look for a good fit, so they can be unpredictable. Academically you are well qualified and best of luck.
    · Reply · Share