Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

National Achievement Finalists/Semifinalists

shanicejmshanicejm Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
edited July 2010 in African-American Students
are there any national achievement finalists who do not mind sharing their psat scores with me? i feel that I may qualify for a certain scholarship at FAMU and I am curious as to whether or not i will get the maximum amount for the scholarship, which to do so, one needs to be a national achievement finalist.

thanks.
Post edited by shanicejm on

Replies to: National Achievement Finalists/Semifinalists

• dignified1dignified1 Registered User Posts: 680 Member
    National Achievement semifinalist status is based on region. You haven't provided enough information to answer that question. Plus, no one will be notified of their status until September or October.

BTW. Can anyone define "****" for me?
  • shanicejmshanicejm Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    im sry i live in pa.....but i meant for people who have won or have been named semi/finalists in recent years (like 2009 or 2010).

btw i scored 198
  • nil desperandumnil desperandum Registered User Posts: 1,948 Senior Member
    i know how you feel, i live in pa too and really want to know if i made NASF or not but all i can do is wait...
  • bitesizebitesize Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    I got a 230 on my PSAT and was a National Achievement finalist. (Though I'm going to community college so the scholarship is basically useless >_>). Oh, and a **** is someone who instigates or provokes people to giving inflammatory responses.
  • DnerdDnerd Registered User Posts: 1,105 Senior Member
    I got a 188 on the PSAT with a 1980 on the SAT and was a finalist. I was offered the full FAMU scholarship for it (with a laptop and some stipend money), but I'm pretty sure the one I received was specifically for Florida residents so I'm not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.
  • XemnasXemnas Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    Weird, I got a 185 (I think. That's whay I remember, but a counselor once told me I got a 198) on my PSAT, and was only considered a National Achievement Outstanding Participant.

Now, I know it is based on region, but did I seriously miss it by only that couple amount of points?

*shakes my head*
  • ksarmandksarmand Registered User Posts: 2,743 Senior Member
    I got a 211 on the PSAT and a 2270 on the SAT and was a National Achievement Scholar; my region was that of the Northeast (or maybe Mid-Atlantic - I'm not too sure).

Hope this helped. :o
  • LivingOxymoronLivingOxymoron Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    I was a finalist from the Southeast and I was a finalist. I think I got a 194.
  • dignified1dignified1 Registered User Posts: 680 Member
    ^ and ^^, when were you notified that you made the cut? Before or after you were notified of National Merit standing?
  • LivingOxymoronLivingOxymoron Registered User Posts: 216 Junior Member
    Just reread my message and I sound like an idiot. Oh well...I found out around September 2009 which was maybe 5 months after I took it? Something close to that.
  • ShrinkrapShrinkrap Registered User Posts: 11,788 Senior Member
    198 should be fine. 184 ( or was it 186?) in California was not for class of 2008.
  • topasalacqua13topasalacqua13 Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    Do you guys think a 209 in NY would make semi?
  • CasaAtreidesCasaAtreides Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    ^It should. I know someone who got semifinalist status with lower scores.
This discussion has been closed.