Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Small quick question about Sat 2's

SobersnowmanSobersnowman Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I've taken the SAT once and I received a 1800 but I'm taking it again and I'm aiming at a 2000-2400 range (2400 being my dream obviously). I was also considering studying for the SAT 2's, but I read somewhere that the USAFA doesn't consider the SAT 2's. I know that taking the SAT 2's would be beneficial as they would help me if I decided or had to apply to a regular college. If this is needed, I was planning on taking English, Math 1 &2, and Biology. So my question is does the USAFA consider SAT 2's?
Post edited by Sobersnowman on

Replies to: Small quick question about Sat 2's

• eagle36eagle36 Registered User Posts: 1,548 Senior Member
    from what I remember, no, they didn't. Now if they are in your record that your school sends, they may see them, but as far as classifications based on standardized testing, they want the SAT/ACT.
  • missmuffmissmuff Registered User Posts: 856 Member
    Nope, Sat 2 doesn't do a darned thing. AP tests do. However, if your backup schools want Sat 2s, you might as well take them.

And as far as AP tests go, if you can, take English and Biology. Taking the Math test is a good experience, but you'll still have to test when you get here.
This discussion has been closed.