Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Offer of Appointment!

NothemommaNothemomma Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
Son just called to tell me the package came today! What a Christmas present. Breakin' out the bubbly tonight...
Post edited by Nothemomma on

Replies to: Offer of Appointment!

• heartcrossheartcross Registered User Posts: 637 Member
    Yeehaw! Break out the bubble wrap too--to keep him safe!
  • falconhopeful06falconhopeful06 Registered User Posts: 489 Member
    Congratulations!!

Just make sure your son dosen't have some of that bubbly!

Is your son going to accept or wait on it?
  • PatriotCPMPatriotCPM Registered User Posts: 599 Member
    Congrats! The Class of 2010 is slowly but surely forming. Everything is done for me as well, I'm just waiting for the Academy to process my nomination and to recieve the Appointment.
  • falconhopeful06falconhopeful06 Registered User Posts: 489 Member
    Congrats Patriot...good to hear you got your nomination!
    Thanks alot; West got his as well. As he said so eloquently put it "Two more RTB's were born Yesterday". I just can't wait to get my appointment now. How does it look?
  • WestWest Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    Seriously, I can't wait to get mine as well...as happy I am with an LOA and a nomination, I WANT THAT PEICE OF PAPER!
    Haha, I'm sure we'll get them sooner or later. But with the appointment, it kinda puts things to ease, so you only have to wait until I-Day
  • WestWest Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    you have any idea when we'll get them Patriot? I'm sure it will take the Academy a while to process the nomination and all, and then another eternity till they actually send it and it gets to us....
    It'll probably take a month or two at least, I just wish it was instantaneous.
  • NothemommaNothemomma Registered User Posts: 162 Junior Member
    Thanks. I think he will be waiting on a couple of other colleges and AFROTC scholarship results before he decides.

Best wishes to everyone - have a great holiday!
    If you don't mind, how long did it take from when he was notified of his nomination for USAFA to process it, and then how long after that did he recieve the appointment in the mail? Just so's I can get a ballpark Idea of how long I'm going to be waiting for this thing.
    Status changed on the AFA website last week as well as the calls from Senator and Congressman. Letters from each arrived this week followed by the offer of appointment.

DS is going to spend some time flying with a couple of AFA cadets and his ALO over the holiday and try to make up his mind. I told him it's no rush - you have until May 1 to decide.
    He's also registered for the April 17-18 orientation and that might help to solidify his choice.
  • JamzmomJamzmom Registered User Posts: 2,813 Senior Member
    Nothemomma! Clink Clink with my glass to yours! Congrats to your family. Good for you cooling your son's jets with his decisions. Time is our friend! I'd say that I hope your holidays are relaxing but I have a funny feeling..... :)
    Thanks, Jamzmom. I always get a kick out of reading your posts - your son is lucky to have such great support and humor to help him through.
This discussion has been closed.