Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Letters to Rep/Senate

TuftsPleaseTuftsPlease Registered User Posts: 990 Member
I'm working on the writing of this right now.

I've included why I want to attend an Academy, but what more else or less should I include?

Is shorter better? I'm nearing 2 pages double spaced easily.

I'm trying my best to keep it intersting and make it seem like no-nonsense crap, but I do want to receive at worst an interview with them!

Thanks so much!
Post edited by TuftsPlease on

Replies to: Letters to Rep/Senate

• AFDAD2010AFDAD2010 Registered User Posts: 545 Member
    Would suggest acknowledging how late it is in the process, why you're late and why you are sure that this is the direction you want to go. Remember, you're asking them to do something after a deadline is passed so you really have to have a tight story -- I would think. I know others have discouraged you but I believe that your persistance can still pay off for this year. Provided your story hangs together well and you followup with phone contact. Just my opinion -- but I have heard of latecomers getting in in prior years so i know it can be done! Best of luck.
  • SparkleandShineSparkleandShine Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    the academy gives u half a page hand written ( at least thats what i had)
  • snipper_crsnipper_cr Registered User Posts: 512 Member
    Are there any sources of nomination left open to you? Most senators/reps have already closed their nominations (one of mine closed back in october!), had their interviews, and are already giving out nominations. Are you applying for the class of 2010 (the one that would enter this summer) or 2011 (the one entering NEXT summer)?
This discussion has been closed.