Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

All who have either appointments or LOA+nomination combo post here

Replies to: All who have either appointments or LOA+nomination combo post here

• nickg16nickg16 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Name: Nick

Received appointment yesterday for USAFA
  • MailManMailMan Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    Name: M Mann

Congressional Nomination & Appointment Offered -> planning to accept
  • rtbcadet15rtbcadet15 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    How long does it take for your appointment to come after you've received a nomination (with an LOA)?
  • falconhopeful06falconhopeful06 Registered User Posts: 489 Member
    Took about a month for me.
  • Benjo6Benjo6 Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    There were just a bunch of Appointment Anouncements with just peoples Names-- we want to know where your from to see if you are near us! cough cough brandon and mail man
  • MailManMailMan Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    I am from the greatly over rated state of MA.
  • tegantegan Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Name-Tegan
    Location-WA State
    Status-USAFA Appointment offered today! Yay im excited!
    Did your status online change? One of my friends said that his didn't but he still got his envelope.
    Oh, and CONGRATS!
  • Benjo6Benjo6 Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    (my online status changed a couple of days after the envelope, and just recently to: "appointment accepted")
  • tegantegan Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    actually i think there is something amiss with my envelope..lol..but yeah my website status is now "appointment offered" ...but like i said, i think that ive had my appointment for quite a while now and they just have my wrong address or something..isnt that terrible? lol i need to give them a call.
  • Solormax2000Solormax2000 Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    Name: Andrew Pan
    Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Status: Appointment Offered: 99% sure that I'm going to the Colorado Springs. I'll decide after I visit the academy in April. But otherwise, I've wanted it for a long time.
  • Hugh JassHugh Jass Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Name: Dont want to reveal that yet ;-)
    State: NY

Status: Got a call from the congresswoman that I was in and I should be expecting an envelope this week. But, my online status hasnt changed yet.... so.. Im a little leery.
  • andyJandyJ Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Kind of funny, I got a principal nomination less than a week ago, and TODAY I received the LOA I've been waiting for since November, yet it's dated from a week ago...so, I "got" the LOA first but it actually arrived in the mail just after my nomination, which I thought was funny since it says I'm "virtually accepted" and just need a nomination =)

And just today my nomination status changed to "Received". Status is still "Candidate"
  • tbby2tbby2 Registered User Posts: 261 Junior Member
    the communication from the admissions dept is a little sketchy....

last year ALOT of people got a rejection letter, and then within 24 hrs they got an acceptance letter... a little crazy...

just know it's not over until June 29th, I know 4 degree that received his acceptance letter 36hrs before inprocessing...
This discussion has been closed.