Hello everyone. I am a current candidate for the USAFA. For reference, I am a Caucasian female from Texas,
GPA: I have a 3.48 unweighted GPA. I am hoping my GPA will boost at least to a 3.6, as I am taking 7 AP Courses, which have had one month of A+'s.
ACT: My composite is 28. I am retaking the exams twice again, one in September and one in October. Below I have posted my sub-scores.
Rank: My school doesn't rank.
- Freshman: AP Human Geography
- Sophomore: AP World History (3) AP Psychology (3)
- Junior: AP English Language and Composition (5) AP United States History (3)
- Senior: AP United States Government and Politics, AP Microeconomics, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Spanish Language and Composition, and English Literature and Composition
-I have also taken 3 PLTW Engineering and one Introduction to Engineering Dual Enrollment Courses from the University of Texas at Tyler.
- I have taken classes from NASA that deals with STEM (High school Aerospace Scholars).
- Varsity Soccer, Midfielder, 9th-12th
- Varsity Cross Country, Co-Captain, 9th-12th
- National Honor Society, 10-12
- Student Council, 9-12 (Member for 3 years, VP my Senior Year)
- Robotics, 10-12 (Chair of Marketing my Senior Year)
- Chairperson for CSAP (College Summer Away Program) Fundraising Committee
- Cooked and prepared meals for Veterans Affairs and Local Hospitals during COVID-19
- Planned and led a STEM Workshop for Middle School Girls
- English Tutor for all 4 years of high school (2 regular classes, AP English Language and Composition, and English Literature and Composition).
- AP Scholar
- High School Aerospace Scholar
- Distinctions for STEM, Arts and Humanities, and Multidisciplinary Studies
- Honor Roll (2017-2019)
- Core Value Award
- Customer Service Rep. at Domino's (May 2019 to June 2020)
- Cashier and Server at McDonald's (May 2019 to July 2019)
- Sous Chef and Server at local bistro (November 2019 to June 2020)
- Did both inventory, accounting, and manual labor at family business during the summers and weekends.
( I would work 20-29 hours during the school year, and over 40 during the summer)
- I have been able to pass all other tests besides the run and the push-ups. However, as I am exercising 7 days a week, I should be able to achieve over average as well.
- I am fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
Thank you so much for reading. I am open to all kinds of feedback, no matter how constructive.