Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Does the AFA have a band?

andyrules247andyrules247 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 New Member
Do they have a concert or jazz band that cadets can be in?

Also, can a cadet bring a instrument like a trumpet to play during his own freetime?
Post edited by andyrules247 on

Replies to: Does the AFA have a band?

• raimiusraimius Registered User Posts: 2,360 Senior Member
    I don't know about bands. If you like to play, definitely bring your instrument. Actually, you should have it sent/brought after BCT...you don't want to be lugging a trumpet around all day.
  • BluefalconBluefalcon Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    USAFA has both a concert band and a jazz band. The concert band meets for a couple of hours on Sunday nights and is very informal. I believe the jazz band is run by cadets and has tryouts every fall--I'd imagine there are trumpet openings every year. Of course, you can always join D&B which keeps you busy but gets you off base, which is always good as a four degree. As for freetime, there are some practice rooms that anyone can use--you just need to get the combo from someone who knows it.

Also, I agree with above where it says have your instrument brought after BCT--I know I wouldn't have wanted mine sitting somewhere unknown all summer long.
  • andyrules247andyrules247 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 New Member
    ok thanks.. how is the jazz band.. like relaxed?
This discussion has been closed.