Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is the best way to get to USAFA from the Denver Airport?

LFWB dadLFWB dad Registered User Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
Any thoughts?
Post edited by LFWB dad on

Replies to: What is the best way to get to USAFA from the Denver Airport?

• penQuinzpenQuinz Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    I was told the drive is like an hour or so long. I might be mistakened, however.
  • RTBdadRTBdad Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    Rule number 1: Driving in Denver is never fun. However, if you're from DC, Denver may seem like paradise.
    Rule number 2: Do not go into downtown Denver. There is a lot of construction there. I am assuming you are renting a car. Go south from the airport, then cut over west to get onto I25. You can probably find the names and numbers of the loops on any Denver map (and I am not looking at one right now.) Just remember that I25 is Colorado's main street.
    Once you're on I25 the rest is a piece of cake. It's about a 40 minute drive to USAFA. There are two entrances. You are required to take the north entrance unless you have a military ID. Fortunately, coming from Denver, you WANT to take the north entrance. Signs there will take you to the visitors center, or the check-in for orientation, or the check-in for Summer Seminar, or the parking lot for in-processing for class of 2011 (whichever applies in your case.) Lots of luck! It's not really a bad drive by urban standards and the scenery is amazing.
  • ds52262ds52262 Registered User Posts: 1,018 Member
    http://www.coloradoshuttle.com/

A shuttle to and from DIA...ride will take about an hour give or take.
  • ds52262ds52262 Registered User Posts: 1,018 Member
    it stops at the Academy Hotel (Orientation). cost 50.00
  • Guy4ChristGuy4Christ Registered User Posts: 594 Member
    I would reccomend the Academy Hotel or Drury Inn...both offer shuttle services.
  • RTBdadRTBdad Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    A good deal on a car rental might be cheaper than the shuttle and would give you more freedom. I'm assuming that you are coming as a family. We stayed at the Drury last year and it was OK, but the management seemed a little lax. A few too many problems with maintenance, although everyone was quite courteous. There are a number of equally nice hotels in the area that are cheaper. Several of them within easy walking distance of the USAFA shuttle stops.
This discussion has been closed.