Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Delay appt to take Falcon Scholarship

dlMag700dlMag700 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
My D has been awarded a F/F to attend prep which starts in Aug. She has already signed up for some additional summer classes prior to going to prep. and has grown accustomed to the idea of entering the class of 2012. If, by chance she recieves appt between now and 6/28, (for the 2011 class) would it appear un gratedful to take the F/F instead? She feels alittle extra prep will make her 4 years at the academy better.
Post edited by dlMag700 on

Replies to: Delay appt to take Falcon Scholarship

• 07PETKO07PETKO Registered User Posts: 1,275 Senior Member
    I'm actually not sure that you can turn down an Appointment and then accept one later. I could be mistaken though, anyone know for sure?
  • hornetguyhornetguy Registered User Posts: 3,187 Senior Member
    you can turn it down. UNcynical, who shows up every now and again on here, declined hers for the class of 2005, then received and accepted hers for the class of 2006.

My personal feeling is that the extra year of "prep" won't help. Typically, many F/F preps have difficult times here academically anyways, sometimes because they aren't as academic, OR, as I have seen, because they slid by, or slacked in prep. Of course, whatever makes her feel comfortable, but if it comes in, I would grab it.
  • RTBdadRTBdad Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    I would say listen to Hornetguy on that one!
  • CadCandMateusCadCandMateus Registered User Posts: 681 Member
    Yes it would help.
This discussion has been closed.