right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Allegheny environmental science

ShareefShareef 8 replies17 threads Junior Member
How high is Allegheny environmental science ranked? I heard it's good, but I can't find a ranking.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Allegheny environmental science

• merc81merc81 11260 replies186 threads Senior Member
    I think you will be unlikely to find a reliable and comprehensive ranking for environmental studies on the undergraduate level. Nonetheless, by any reasonable standard, Allegheny offers one of the top programs of its type in the nation. For a comparable program within a similar selectivity range, look into Hobart William Smith.
    · Reply · Share
  • CreeklandCreekland 6141 replies91 threads Senior Member
    If you aren't particularly drawn to the specific college, other schools to consider are Juniata (also in PA) and Eckerd (in FL) for Environmental Science, but as the PP said, I don't know of any specific rankings for the major - just recommendations from those "in the field" a few years ago when I was helping my youngest son in his search.
    · Reply · Share
  • PAclgmomPAclgmom 44 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited January 2019
    Definitely look at Juniata for Environmental Science. Similar to Allegheny, but with the added bonus of a remote field station right on the banks of Raystown Lake where most students live for a semester. Many students also take advantage of the semester-long Galápagos Islands opportunity. They have a ton of equipment in the ESS program; electrofishing, a full GIS laboratory, much more.
    edited January 2019
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity