I was wondering if my daughter would have a shot at Amherst College. She is applying Early Decision. Stats:
* 3 out of 250.
* SAT 2170 (V710, M700, W 760). She will be taking them again Saturday
* SAT II scores of Bio (750), Math II 720.
* AP Bio (5), AP Amer. Hist. (4).
* She is the Rensselaer Medal Winner from her school (best science student), and also the Harvard Book Award winner; both won in her junior year.
* National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalist, and finalist candidate.
* Currently a Senior taking three more AP courses (English, Stats, Calculus AB)
* GPA is a 4.1.
She wishes to major in biochemistry with a minor in dance.
* She has danced with our state ballet for ten years, and is quite good.
(20-25 hrs. per week)
* Peer tutor for two years in math/science
* Contributing writer for school literary magazine (3 yrs.)
I know that her EC's aren't extensive, but she really puts in lots of hours dancing. Will that help, or hurt her chances? We visited Amherst twice, and she fell in love with the place. We feel it is the perfect fit for her. Please advise????