right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Chance Me Please? :)

SmileforcmaSmileforcma 9 replies8 threads New Member
edited January 2012 in Amherst College
Amherst is my first choice school, and I have been continually showing interest in it. I would like to know my chances of getting in. Thanks! :)

SAT Scores: 630 Reading, 550 Math, 590 Writing (8 Essay) 1770 total

SAT Subject Test: 640 Literature, 590 World History

G.P.A. - 99.89 (Weighted due to IB Classes)

My Extra-curriculars:

Varsity Swimming (Advanced to Regionals/ We won conference champions twice) (Won 3 ribbons in UIL)

Varsity Water Polo (Conference Champions once)

History Club (fundraisers and field trips)

UNICEF Club (President)

Drama Club (Secretary) (Won Medals in "All Star Cast" 9th and 10th grade) (Particpated as an actor in 6 productions, was a co-lead in three)

School Morning Announcer

Model United Nations Delegate

Art Club (Treasurer)

Church Drama Group

Bible Study

Summer:

-UIL Theatre Camp (Learned how to fake fight, apply make-up effects, etc)

-Volunteered for 2 years at my dad's work place (a school) doing odd jobs such as shredding paper, scanning books, organizing files, organizing the bell schedule, etc.

AP Scores: World History - 3

Awards:

Advanced to Nationals in the History Fair (2nd Place in State)

IB Diploma Candidate

High School Honor Roll

Recognized by School Staff as "Respectful" - Character Pillar Award

Perfect Attendance Award from "Get Schooled" organization
edited January 2012
2 replies
Post edited by Smileforcma on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance Me Please? :)

• lowdenf23clowdenf23c 35 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Hello, smileforcma,
    congratulations on all your hard work, both in school and in your EC's. Your resume is very well rounded, indeed.

Amherst is a reach for most students. According to their 2010-2011 Common Data set, their 25/50 percentile scores are 2020-2310, so your scores would put you below that middle 50% block. No harm in applying to a "reach" school, but I imagine you've applied to some "target" schools also?

best regards....

lowdenf23c
    · Reply · Share
  • SmileforcmaSmileforcma 9 replies8 threads New Member
    Thank you! :) I have applied to some target schools and have gotten accepted, so I have my backups indeed. I just want to evaluate my chances of getting into my dream school. :)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity