Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Theatre for Non-Majors/Five-College Theatre?

LAMunivLAMuniv Registered User Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
I am a graduated senior looking to apply to Amherst in the fall as a freshman. I am relatively sure I want to major in English and history, but I am considering being a double major in English and theatre/dance as well. Theatre is a HUGE part of my life - I don't really act, but I've stage managed at my high school and for professional companies, and right now I have a full-time job as a props master (mistress?) for a major local company. I also won my school's drama award this spring.

I hope to continue my involvement in theatre into my adult life, but I'm not sure that I want to major in it. I was browsing Amherst's clubs, and I noticed that there were no theatre clubs listed. I know that there is the Five-College Theatre Program, but I was wondering if I would be able to be involved in this on the tech side as a non-major (I know non-majors can participate as performers). Also, how many performances do they typically put on? Do they tend to be plays or musicals?

Thank you very much :)

Replies to: Theatre for Non-Majors/Five-College Theatre?

• justdoesntmatterjustdoesntmatter Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    I was all set to audition at a bunch of MT schools but am having a change of heart. Amherst is a dream school for me & I'd like to hear about performance opportunities in the Five-Theatre program and would love to get some feedback on the program for non-majors.
This discussion has been closed.