right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

NEED YOUR CONSULTATION ,PLEASE !!

asd957asd957 5 replies9 threads New Member
Hello Guys.
-I'm from Iran,and I'm a first year student of Architecture here.
I want to apply as a "International Transfer Student" to Amherst college next year.I was wondering to know that if I maintain my college GPA around 3.9-4 (A+) ,and gain 2350+ in SAT (As you may know it's not offered in Iran,and I have to go to U.A.E and take it there) and have some acceptable and great essays and have couple of letters of recommendation of our university professors and getting IELTS with overall band score 7.5 in the future,do you think that I have any chance?
In addition,my main concern is my high school grades.
My whole 3 years of studying grade (from freshman to junior) is A and My senior's is B.
Do you think having a perfect academic record compensate this lack of scores and help me to be accepted?
Thank you for your advice.
I appreciate that.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: NEED YOUR CONSULTATION ,PLEASE !!

• OHMomof2OHMomof2 13238 replies247 threads Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    According to https://www.amherst.edu/media/view/583079 , last year Amherst accepted 33 out of 404 transfer applicants, they don't say how many were international vs domestic. (But 10% of the freshman class last year were international students.)

So the chances are, of course, very small, for anyone. That link can give you an idea of test scores and so on. I assume you've also seen this: https://www.amherst.edu/admission/apply/international

Go ahead and apply. I'd think your college grades are more important than your HS grades as a transfer.
    Amherst typically admits one out of every twenty students who apply for transfer. In
    previous years, competitive applicants have had at least an A- average in college
    coursework, and transferred from U.S. colleges and universities.

^ that's not too promising. https://www.amherst.edu/media/view/613327
    edited October 2015
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity