Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Amherst fall 2016 Regular decision

Replies to: Amherst fall 2016 Regular decision

• Sheroman2020IISheroman2020II Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, its about 9000 applicants. I guess they have thorough selection process.
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 Registered User Posts: 12,294 Senior Member
    They're still winnowing the 9000 down to around 1000 (if those are the numbers this year), they're only shooting for a class of about 475. I think you can assume a small college won't have as large an admissions office as larger universities, either.

That said, they always say "week of April 1" and always send decisions a bit earlier. This might be the year they go late but history suggests that's unlikely.
  • BiochemHopefulBiochemHopeful Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    Is any of you guys' ACData still down?
  • 6alibah6alibah Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Does it matter that I received that email at a later time? I didn't get it until 3:13
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 Registered User Posts: 12,294 Senior Member
    ^ same as last year, last Friday in March.
  • ntnationantnationa Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Omg this is getting so real, I'm so stressed! I am an international applicant. Anyone else international? Where from? :) I'm from Italy ;)
  • an1620an1620 Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    @ntnationa me, from Romania! Getting more stressed every day haha
    @an1620 I feel ya so much!!! :) Is Amherst your first choice?
    @ntnationa it's hard to say, Yale was my first choice and after getting rejected I kind of tried not to get my hopes up with any school, so I don't really have a first choice. But I am really hoping it's a yes from Amherst, since it's the only school need blind to internationals. What about you?
    @an1620 I'm pretty much the same. I know that Amherst and the Ivies I applied to (I only applied RD) are seriously competitive. So I just have the mentality that first I see where (more like if) I get in and then see if I do have a choice ;) I also applied to Amherst because it's need blind! And it's such a nice school also, I like the college feel.
  • inshm2016inshm2016 Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    International applicants, what are your SATs?
    @inshm2016 Mine are on the low(ish) end: 2040 SAT I, 720 Literature and 590 Bio M (this was mostly because I self studied everything like one month prior to the exam)
    @inshm2016 Mine are also pretty low. I was in the same situation as @an1620 I self-studied everything. SAT I: 2070, SAT II: French 800, Biology M 740
    What are yours?
  • inshm2016inshm2016 Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    @an1620 @ntnationa Mine are 2280 SAT I, 800 Math II and 800 Chem SAT II. Best of luck to all of us!
This discussion has been closed.