right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Does every admitted student usually do the optional identity question for Amherst? Did I put myself

goldmidnight7goldmidnight7 89 replies13 threads Junior Member
in a bad place by not doing it?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does every admitted student usually do the optional identity question for Amherst? Did I put myself

• izrk02izrk02 670 replies22 threads Member
    If you mean the "additional personal information", probably not. You might have missed a vital chance to strengthen your application, but this is one of the few cases in which an "optional question" is actually option.
    · Reply · Share
  • EstherLEstherL 88 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I did the additional personal information, but not the research, because none of my extracurriculars include researches. That wasn’t my direction.
    · Reply · Share
  • TRIPPIEREDD12TRIPPIEREDD12 4 replies0 threads New Member
    I didn't do the additional identity question as I thought I covered everything related to my background in my other supplements. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you covered some aspect of your background in your other essays.
    · Reply · Share
  • Bionome1Bionome1 4 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 19
    No, as there was nothing more to add. Highly doubt it affects decision.
    edited February 19
    · Reply · Share